Emily the EduBlogger

Meet Emily Aierstok writer of the blog Read it. Write it. Learn it. and grade 7 ELA teacher! Emily has been teaching 7th grade for 17 years and believes that it's as simple as reading and writing and loving everyday. Having students do this as much as possible makes them better readers, writers, and learners. Having fun in her classrooms is so important. Her students have taught her that motivation to learn leads to the most success and it shows. Over the last couple of years she has shifted to a more data driven and standard based learning. This promotes a growth mindset and create the most meaningful learning experiences. Therefore, her blog provides time saving tools to help motivate, engage, and empower students to read and write.

I started following Emily in the last couple of months as I was trying to expand my professional sphere. It started with her Instagram account, and then her blog and twitter. I found that she really cared about what she was doing, not only motivating and inspiring her students, but other teachers as well! I enjoyed her posts and stories, explaining what her class was up to and why! A perk she also shares her materials in her Teachers Pay Teachers Store! Word from the wise, go check it out! I am really excited to try her Argument Games writing unit with my grade seven class this spring!

Mistakes are not failures. It is growth. Learn from them and keep going! Thank Emily for proving that to me once again! You go girl! Keep inspiring and motivating!



Until next time,



Comments

  1. This is fantastic Delicia! I am always on the look-out for inspirational, down to earth educators on social media who can provide realistic examples of classrooms! Emily, @readitwriteitlearnit, definitely gained another Instagram follower from me! I admit I spend a little more time than I should have, scrolling through her Instagram account, absorbing as much information and ideas as I could. She seems very passionate and well-versed in her educational career. As Emily said in an Instagram post, "A lot of people have opinions about education. We work in a public place and we do a public service. Those opinions are important and we just need to listen, absorb it, stay calm, and remember- we are the experts in our classroom." I found this statement to be so timely and relevant to where we will be as teachers starting out. Yes, people do talk and feel the need to share their opinions. But, as professionals, we need to remember that we have been trained to do the job we are in. Unless something is very wrong with your teaching, we must stay strong and stick with it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inquiry Based Learning

Digital Footprints

Internet Resources: Teaching In a Fishbowl